Album Review: Lee Chaeyeon's Hush Rush

 Album Review: Lee Chaeyeon’s Hush Rush 


Lee Chaeyeon, a former member of the girl-group Izone, finally made her second debut on October 12th with the album Hush Rush. She was the final member of Izone to re-debut, and many fans were waiting for her to finally come back. The build-up to this album was amazing. The concept photos, teasers, and promotion from her sister’s band, Itzy, made all of this worth the wait. Even with her former band-mate Kwon Enbi having a comeback on the same day and two more of her band-mates, Sakura and Chaewon, having a comeback soon, hers was most anticipated. 







My Initial Thoughts 

I was super excited along with many others to hear she was debuting again. She was my favorite member in the group, so I was excited to see her in action again. This debut did not disappoint me at least. I was expecting a more grungy song, however it was actually light-hearted and breezy sunding. I know some people said it was boring and repetitive, but I loved it. The music video was adorable, and the concept was perfect. It was the break we needed from all of the girl-crush concepts now. All four songs on the album were good, and I loved all of them. 



People's Overall Thoughts

Overall, the opinions on this song are very divided. Some people thought it was boring, and others thought it was what the industry needed right now. However, both sides can agree on this, no one was expecting the song to sound the way it did. The halloween vibes the concept photos gave and the teaser made it seem like the song was going towards a more pop-punk style. However, it was light and refreshing, and some people didn’t like that. However people were excited just to see Chaeyeon back on stage. 


Review: “Hush Rush”

This song was great, and the music video was so cute. I was put in a good mood just by listening to it. It was so refreshing compared to all of the girl-crush concepts in the industry now. I think it’s what the k-pop community needs right now. Her vocals and dancing are amazing in the music video and in the live performances. It’s overall just amazing and super refreshing. 

Review: “Danny”

The title track isn’t always the best song on the album. This is that example. This song is my favorite on the album.  It sounds so cute and refreshing, and I love it. Also, the dance that goes with it on Tik Tok is super cute. The lyrics are also adorable, and the backtrack is great as well. I love the power chords from the guitar. 

Review: “Aquamarine”

This song is also amazing. This genre really fits Chaeyeon’s vocal style, and I love it. Her English pronunciation in this song is also really good, and again, the lyrics are beautiful. I just love the dreamy vibe this song gives off. However, It’s the least streamed song on the album, and I don’t understand that. This song is a masterpiece and needs more listens 

Review: “Same but Different”

Last, but certainly not least, “Same but Different” I love this song. It sounds so different from the other tracks, and I think that's why it’s so special. I thought this is what the title track would sound like, but it didn’t. However it’s still amazing in every way. The lyrics are great again, and I love every aspect of this song. 



Overall

Overall, this album was a complete shocker, and most people loved it. From its title track to its amazing b-sides, this song was perfect in every single way. Even though there was hate on the album, it was an overall success and it had more supporters than haters. Also some promotion with Red Velvet’s Seulgi and Itzy’s Lee Chaeryeong (Cheayeon’s younger sister) helped grow its popularity. For me, this album blew me away, and I hope she releases more soon. 



Comments