Top 7 Mitski Releases



I’ve been attracted to music ever since I was young. However, I was just introduced to a new artist not that long ago. Her name is Mitski, an Indie-Rock artist. Ever since I was introduced to her, she has become one of my top artists. This ranking is in no particular order because I love all of these songs the same, and I can’t choose which I love the best.


“Jobless Monday”


This song is amazing. The bass runs throughout  the song and the key change near the end puts you in this eerie mood. Then that lets the lyrics take a shot right at your heart. It’s almost addicting how good this song is. It’s definitely one of her best songs. 


“I Will”


This song is amazing. This song always makes me sad because of the lyrics. Whenever I dive deeper into the lyrics, I always burst into tears. However, I love this song so much. It is perfect in every single way. It perfectly captures the emotions that Mitski is trying to get across, and her vocals help with that. 

“Two Slow Dancers”


Again, another song that makes me sad. All of her songs do that though. The synthesizer in this song really shines in this song. Those couple chords are enough to make this song feel whole.It never leaves me asking for more, and I’d never ask it to be more. 


“I Guess”


This song is absolutely heart-wrenching. The lyrics are so well written and overall beautiful. They always make me want to sob. I love it. The slow ominous music also helps to give it a sad vibe. This is one of the first songs I listen to when I’m in the mood to cry and be sad, and it does the job perfectly every time. 


“The Only Heartbreaker”


This song is amazing. The music video absolutely blew me away. It was awesome. Also, the song itself is great too. The lyrics are meaningful, and the instrumental is to die for. The guitar in the last minute of the song really gets to me. This is one of her songs that doesn’t make me sad. Actually, I love to do karaoke to this song. 


“Carry Me Out”

This song is a masterpiece. This song always makes me feel like time has stopped. It’s every single part of the song. The lyrics are amazing and heartfelt. The instrumental is godly, and it really lets the guitar shine through. I’m surprised that this song isn’t that popular. It needs more fame. 


“Once More to See You”

All I can say is “wow.” This song blows me away with its sad tone and heartfelt lyrics. The meaning of the lyrics always gets to me, and I love it. It’s about a secret romance that both sides have to keep hidden, and it’s amazing. It never fails to get me in my feels. 




Comments

  1. Avery, I really enjoy reading your music reviews! Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this new artist!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment