Album Review: Midnights

 Album Review and Opinion: Taylor Swift’s Midnights


Taylor Swift recently released her news album Midnights at Midnight on October 21st. It had twelve tracks, and she then surprise  released a 3 A.M version with seven more songs. Overall, people loved it, however some people weren’t too pleased with it. However, even with the backlash, it has managed to almost top charts and break records. 





Fan’s Opinions 


There are many mixed reviews about this album. Some loved it, but others expected something different. Many people that didn’t like it expected it to be more like her albums Folklore and Evermore. However, it still had many streams, and a lot of people loved it. Many people also loved the music videos that went with “Anti-hero” and "Bejeweled". They loved finding all of the easter-eggs in them. Also, she looked amazing in both of the videos. Overall, there was mostly love for this album, and the songs blew everyone away. Also, the surprise release of the 3 A.M. version also helped the album grow even more.



My Opinion

Personally, I liked it. There were some songs I didn’t really like, but even those weren’t terrible. I loved how it felt like a mesh of all her previous albums. All of the songs were written well, and sounded good as well. She did amazing on this album, and I’m excited for more to come. This album didn’t disappoint me at all, and I loved the theme and messages behind it. Also, the music videos were amazing. Taylor looked gorgeous, and I found the music videos amazing. 



Personal Favorites 

“Maroon”- I loved this song. Taylor’s voice was amazing, and the lyrics were great. 

“Anti-Hero”- Oh my god, this song is amazing. The music video is amazing, and it has great messages in it. It is probably my favorite track on the album. 

“You’re On Your Own Kid”- Favorite song to cry to on this album. The lyrics are so emotion-filled and powerful. I love it so much. 

“Labrynth” - Yes, just yes. The lyrics, the music, and the vocals are just to die for. It’s definitely one of my favorites. 

“Sweet Nothings”- I love this song. The music in the back sounds so adorable, and the lyrics are also so cute. I know some people don’t like this song, but I do. I may be its biggest fan. 

“Mastermind”-  This may be the best song on the album actually. The story behind the lyrics and the whole song itself is just show stopping.
“Bejewlewd” -  Best music video of the album. It basically confirmed that Speak Now is the next album to be remade, and I’m excited already. Taylor looked so good in the music video, and I loved all of the easter eggs in it. 




Overall 

This whole album was amazing. Even though it isn’t my favorite song, I still love most of the songs in it. I felt like it brought us back to the Pop Taylor that so many of us know and love. The music videos blew me away, and I loved the easter-eggs in them. Overall, she did amazing this album, and I can’t wait for more. 



Comments